#HealthyThursday - October 2015 Monthly Health Review & Quick Recipe

Hello there! I’m back with another #HealthyThursday and lots of healthy tips for you guys! This is a part of the monthly trilogy I will do from now on. The last week of every month will have a special #SMartWednesday, #HealthyThursday and #LifestyleFriday editions, meaning I’ll post my monthly review on all things information, health and lifestyle. Let’s see what was up this month in the health department.


MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS STATUS

I am pretty open to sharing all about my condition and don’t feel like you’re invading my privacy if I let you in on some of my ups and downs. After all, MS is an ilness that aims to isolate you on the long run, so why let it? Do the oposite, talk about it, treat it like it’s another part of your life and then move on. More about this in a second!


This October, my MS (let's call it Smaug, just for the fun of it!)... So, this month, Smaug decided to let me know that it’s still there. Being the ubnoxious dragon that it is, it decided to breathe fire down my left arm. Back to reality, that means that I had an acute numbness episode on my left arm, ranging from my last two fingers and going up to my elbow. Up and down, up and down.


Fatigue was also a bit of an issue, as I felt more tired than usual, had less energy and ability to concentrate on the tasks at hand, but I had it pretty mild compared to other times. All this has been happening due to my menstrual cycle (yes, I AM talking about this publicly!). Meaning the amount of time between two “that-time-of-the-month” 3-4 days.


As my body temperature is going up and my hormones are running free and with flowers in their hair through my body, I tend to experience the so-called pseudo-exacerbations. These are manifestations of my symptoms, but to a much lesser intensity. Annoying and scary nonetheless (especially when my right eye begins to hurt out of nowhere and I think it’s a relapse… scary!).


I know they are not actual relapses because they happen for a short while, and completely dissapear after my period kicks in. For the past year I have been journaling my MS, and I can see a pattern rise up as I’m approaching my period each month. So, long story short: the ladies may experience things like these once a month. It’s good to know.


ALEXANDRA'S HEALTH TIPS

This month I noticed some positive changes in my health. They are mostly due to what I do on a daily basis. I wake up at 7 a.m., drink half a liter of lemon water, sit down and meditate for 10-15 minutes, fully engage in 45-60 minutes of yoga and cardio/aerobics, shower, have breakfast and get to work.


By the time I am in front of the computer, my mind is not racing, my body has been fed, stretched and clensed from all the toxins that accumulated overnight. I approach my daily tasks in good shape and although my righ eye is hurting a bit as I am writing this right now, I take brakes and still go on. It’s the life I chose for myself, and I am going to make the best of it in spite of multiple sclerosis.

Though I say this, I tend not to push too hard and just listen to my body. Rest accordingly, have a little snack like some nuts or seeds, a cup of green tea maybe and then go at it again. Life is never served to you on a silver platter. You have to work to achieve what you want. Always!


So my healthy tips for you this month are to establish a morning routine that suits your time and condition. Do the best you can with what you can. Adapt and by no means try to replicate exactly what I do. Personalize it to fit your lifestyle. I only share what I do so that I hopefully inspire you to get better and to focus on the things that are still good and working in your life.


Let me tell you that when I get grouchy, anxious and sad, my whole body seems to ache and symptoms seem to appear also. That being said, I hope you are doing allright this October and let’s go ahead with the recipe. So excited for this moment!


QUICK RECIPE

This is it! My first video ever! I am so anxious for it but nonetheless happy that I can share it with you and that I get to communicate in another way than in the written form. Tell me if you would like to see more of these in the following months. Here we go!




This was all for this week’s #HealthyThursday! Thank you for reading and if you would like to receive my next articles right into your mail, subscribe to SMart Choice Lifestyle by filling your email adress in the box on the upper right. Join my SMart Warriors list to receive access to Premium content and many more!

Have a most wonderful day!

Sincerely,
Alexandra