Behind the Blog (Wk 3/2017) - Self-discovery, Planning and Foggy Mind | SMart Choice Lifestyle

Hello dears,

I’m writing to you from my couch, as I sit here all bundled up in my blanket and waiting on my tea to be ready. Although today is my dad’s birthday and my week has been both productive and insightful, for some reason my mind isn’t focusing right. I woke up with a right side migraine, mostly pain in my right eye area. That made me somewhat cranky for the whole morning. Did my injection and all seemed to be ok, until I realised that I had a hard time concentrating on the task at hand.

For the past four days, I have been energetic, planned all my week, made important progress in my goals for this year, but today something felt off. Then, as I sat to write this article, I realised that our thoughts are just that: thoughts! We can choose the way we feel and what we are able to do given our physical condition at some point. Once we admit to ourselves that it’s OK to have a bad day and go with the flow, it all becomes so easy to tolerate that I even question if there was something wrong to begin with. You see, it’s all a matter of perspective.

But let’s go BEHIND THE BLOG. Its purpose is to offer a behind-the-scenes into the motivations, life events and learnings that make the building blocks for the SMart Choice Lifestyle. It’s about life through my eyes, the author of the blog. It is shared for you, so that it may help you in any way, shape or form. So let’s see what the third week of 2017 brought.

The HIGHLIGHTS were all about self-discovery, planning and finding purpose. I’m the kind of person who finds joy in the world of ideas and finding ways in which to help people be the best version they can be, while sticking true to their authentic selves. It’s much easier for me to write this down than it would be to talk about it on video (funny fact, my mind is a bit foggy as I write this and I kindda lost my line of thought for a bit). In short,  I learned more about my personality, about what’s next in line project-wise and planned both my goals and calendar for the following months. That put my mind at ease, allowing me to focus on taking action.

The LESSONS that I learned had to do with finding the right combinations of time, effort and planning in all that I do (there’s a lot of “I” in this article, sorry!) and with accepting bad days as well as good ones just as much. All in all, this week taught me that if I’m productive 80% of the time, I can allow myself to be off focus for the rest 20%. That’s what I’m learning just now: my mind continues to be foggy, as my right calf and foot are slightly numb and cold. But it’s on and off. I learned not to be afraid of these things anymore, as usually the anxiety is worse than the thing itself.

So, with that being said, I’ll keep it really short for the FAVORITES part, and outline them as follows (random order):

1. The Myers-Briggs Personality Classification (I'm the INFJ type - click HERE)
(image source -

2. “Discover Palace of Versailles” (wishlist item)

3. “Pride and Prejudice” (analyzed Mr. Darcy’s behavior in terms of pride and prejudice)

4. “Ben Hur” (book)

"Ben-Hur is one of the best selling books of all times. This poignant novel intertwines the life stories of a Jewish charioteer named Judah Ben-Hur and Jesus Christ. It explores the themes of betrayal and redemption. Ben-Hur's family is wrongly accused and convicted of treason during the time of Christ. Ben-Hur fights to clear his family's name and is ultimately inspired by the rise of Jesus Christ and his message. A powerful, compelling novel." (Amazon)

(or if you're the one who prefers the movie - although I TRULY recommend the book also)

Sorry for not being quite myself today, but at the end of the day, you have to accept that it is what it is and go with the flow. I'll adapt by pouring myself a hot cup of tea and watching "Becoming Jane" with Anne Hathaway (HERE's the link in case you're curious: )

See you next week & have a wonderful weekend!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu