World MS Day 2016: Independence is about... GRATITUDE #strongerthanMS

We spend our lives mostly just reacting to what’s going on around us. The world happens to us and we get swayed around by it, thinking that we have control. The essential thing that we really need to be on top of is never found on the outside, but lays deep down inside our hearts and minds. Our first reactions are always emotional ones. After a few seconds, the mind kicks in, trying to make some sense of what has happened.


Emotions are crucial for body and mental health. They generate all kind of internal reactions, ranging from pleasant to damaging ones, things that either help or hurt us. The more we have the one or the other, the more we change either for the better or for the worse. I’ve written HERE about how a repetitive reaction can generate a pattern that in turn will shape our lives.

We tend to spend a large amount of time complaining. Let me give you a few random examples to somewhat illustrate my point: difficult situations, illness, low paychecks and even rain sometimes. From here, it all seems to go downhill.

But what happens when we’re happy about something? How does that transform our day?

The way we react to what’s happening defines how our lives will eventually become. Good or bad, happy or sad… it’s our choice how we interpret what happens to us. Transformation always happens from within. Choose to be grateful for every little thing that’s happened to you. Find light even in the darkest corners.

I choose to be grateful even for my tough times, even for my MS. I’m the kind of person that keeps on smiling even after I’ve cried my eyes of in fear and anger. I bounce back somehow. I’m still searching for the way I do this. All I can say right now is that I know I’m not the only one who can do this. Each individual has his/her own mechanisms and systems in place.

That’s why I’m sharing stories of my life with MS. To let you know that you’re not alone. That it has ups and downs, basically a rollercoaster ride. That’s why I’m reading all kind of MS stories: I get inspired and humbled to keep going forward, to be grateful for what I have and to have the insight to be able to help others.

Gratitude creates a ripple effect that in turn helps you go smoother even through the hardest times. You learn, you grow, you keep faith and hope it will turn out OK. Grateful for being alive.

MS doesn’t stop mefrom seeing the good in life. #strongerthanMS

The rest of May is enough time to go deeper into what it takes to become independent: body, mind and spirit. To become the architect of your wished lifestyle. To become #strongerthanMS.

Until then, I thank you for being here. Liked this post? Share it with friends. Want to receive more articles like this right into your inbox? Add your email to the SMart Choosers list HERE. You’ll receive every new article and a monthly Newsletter of wonderful resources and insight, to help you make the smart choices that best fit your lifestyle.


Sincerely yours,
Alex

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu