METAMORPHOSIS - ep. 13 - I Am Capable. #30Letters from #yogacamp miniseries

Sometimes we need to hear this from ourselves: “I am capable!”. When all around begins to crumble down, search for the inner strength that will help us get through hard times.

Human beings are so resilient it scares me. We are survivors. We all can survive hardships. It’s all in the mind: success or failure. We can get so scared about failing that in the end we get prone to fail for real. In 99% of the cases, failing means we learn. It is an experience that helps us adapt. Do you think a child who learns to walk, thinks to himself after his 50th fall: “Maybe this isn’t for me!”? He keeps on going, adapting to the environment.

We get what we most focus on. We might not be able to get rid of MS and its doings, but we can choose to push through.

Life is hard even without any chronic diagnosis. MS only adds to the equation. Reset our minds so that we can, little by little, see the possibilities in the hardships we face. Focus on what we are capable of doing in spite of our current condition. Choose to live with it, not run from it or even let ourselves get beaten by it. It’s only a disease after all. A nasty one, but still just a disease. We are capable of surviving this.

We all grow old, get sick and eventually die. MSers might do that at a faster pace. And even MS is different for each of us. What we can control is the way we look at our situation. The way we choose to act and go on. Even if our bodies start failing, we have our heart.

We need to start seeing life through our hearts and be grateful to be alive. It is the most precious gift we have ever been given. Every day people die from diseases that give them no chances whatsoever. We are capable of getting through this.

Clear our minds of attachments, of the fixed plans we had so far. Become flexible. Accept. Adapt. Overcome. We really have two options: either we quit and become a victim, or stand up and accept the situation, see what we are left with and make our way up from there. We grow.

MS is uncertain, it might be cruel, it might be devastating for some, I agree. I’ve heard and seen such stories and the possibility of those situations scares me every day. But I crawl my way out every time it brings my emotions down.

We all die in the end. Becoming aware of this helps me cope with the many “what if’s” in my life with and without thinking of MS. I reinforce the good things in life, the things I am capable in doing and that bring me the most joy. On things that make me feel good. Writing this blog is one of them.

It’s what we do in between that truly matters. All we leave behind, all our legacy to future generations is important. Newly diagnosed MSers search for stories to learn more about how to cope. We are capable of making or breaking their future. What will we teach them?

Thank you for your visit. Please remember to comment down below, share your thoughts on this. Subscribe to stay in touch with what I write.



As always, transformation starts from within.
For the rest of the “METAMORPHOSIS” series, click here.

#30letters is a miniseries derived from the experience of being transformed by some of my choices, in this case yoga, a lesson about yourself and for yourself. #Yogacamp is a 30 day challenge created by the wonderful Adriene Mishler (@yogawithadriene) and shared for free on her YouTube Channel. Check it out here.

Sincerely,
Alex

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu