METAMORPHOSIS - ep. 11 - I am ALIVE. #30Letters from #yogacamp miniseries

Why go through life racing to the end like there’s no tomorrow? We go about our daily lives mostly using two of our five senses: sight and touch (with occasional usage of hearing too). 

We spend our days looking at screens and typing away, waiting for our monthly paycheck or the next lunch break.

Almost two years ago, I couldn’t do that anymore. I chose to detach from being boxed-in like this after my MS diagnosis came tumbling down on me. I chose to put all on hold and figure out what I needed and could do for / with my life.

I knew most of what I wanted, but funny enough, I didn’t knew who I really was. I just forgot myself somewhere in between growing up, peer pressure and having an adult job. I had forgotten what it means to be alive and present in my own life.

Since then, I’ve come a long way. I’m still learning, still discovering. Finding out things, remembering stuff about myself that I thought I’ve long forgotten.

I learnt to be kind to myself, to be humble, to always try again, to see everything as just a wave and to let it flow. Emotions, thoughts, pain, insecurities… it will all pass. Breathe!

Stand still and observe your mind, your thoughts. Observe what you react to and with what emotions. Ask yourself why. Constantly ask questions. Be child-like, not childish. Life is meant to be lived, not fought against.

Transform fear, angst and anger into love. Try not to react at the first negative stimulus. Make the smart choice and decide on what makes you feel alive and well.

Thank you for your visit. Please remember to comment down below, share your thoughts on this. Subscribe to stay in touch with what I write.

As always, transformation starts from within.


For the rest of the “METAMORPHOSIS” series, click here.

#30letters is a miniseries derived from the experience of being transformed by some of my choices, in this case yoga, a lesson about yourself and for yourself. #Yogacamp is a 30 day challenge created by the wonderful Adriene Mishler (@yogawithadriene) and shared for free on her YouTube Channel. Check it out here.

Sincerely,
Alex

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu