NOVEMBER 2015 Favorites & Inspirational Findings - #LifestyleFriday

At the beginning of each month, I count the blessings and misfortunes of the previous one. Welcome to #LifestyleFriday November Favorites & Inspirational Findings  Edition!


MONTHLY FAVORITES

Salmon is still my favourite food! Especially when I find new ways to cook and enjoy it. This month I made it into medium sized fishballs, and served it next to vegetable rice. Delicious!

Since I began my yoga practice, inversions have been one of my favourite poses. Prasarita Padottanasana, or Wide Legged Forward Fold, is a mild inversion, that calms the nervous system, calms anxiety and stretches the back legs among many other benefits.

It has helped me unwind and let go of steam whenever I felt like I needed to cool off. You might think that is not a big deal to fold forward like this, but you’ll be surprised at how much your feet and legs have to work to execute it correctly (and safely!).

Here’s how Yoga Journal teaches it, and this is how Adriene taught me. Choose your favourite. They are equally useful, but my money’s been on Mrs. Mishler for more than a year now! Hehe!

Relaxation has been the best so far this month. I have been meditating twice a day for 10 minutes each, since May this year and let me tell you: VISUALISATION RULES! If you are a visual person like me, you’ll totally resonate with putting your mind at ease in your very own zen garden.

Focus on the breath and immerse yourself into plush white clouds, green meadows with calm lakes, big trees with lots of shade and scream on top of a mountain! Let the mind be calm. Let the mind unwind! You need it!

INSPIRATIONAL FINDINGS

This November, Mr. Dale Carnegie caught my attention with his world-renowned “How to Win Friends and Influence People”. A classic for self-development and everybody who wants to be liked and respected by people. Nevermind that it’s been written in 1936! It’s teachings are still of value. It has taught me to respect, listen to and give back to people in order to even have the nerve to expect admiration and love. How you are with them draws the image they associate with you in their minds. Please use warm and cheerful colors! The world has enough shades of gray (pun intended!)

Once again, Chase Jarvis makes his way onto my list of inspirational people! Beginning with CreativeLive and arriving at his new YouTube series called #cjRAW, this man’s creative journey has caught my attention for years now. Photography, chasing your own dream, the climb to finding your passion in life, constant learning and the importance of education are the points in which I find similarities. Is that enough? Hehe!

Adriene Mishler is a daily presence when I’m on the yoga mat. Her fun classes and insightful tips and tricks makes you feel and accept that your body can do more than the mind can think of doing. Once you understand that and focus on the breath and sensations in the body, Mrs Mishler’s mission is fullfilled. Find what feels good and you’ll find yourself.

The Ikonnians, like someone named them, have done it again! After being outrunned by Gary Vee, Tim Ferris and Chase last month, Mimi and Alex Ikonn were back in my daily playlist on YouTube this November! Business made easy, inspiration to pursue your ideas and dreams and to build a sustainable lifestyle while you enjoy every second of it.

Food Matters TV did a free broadcast of four of their most compelling movies about food, health and emotions. These are usually available to purchase on their website, but they decided to share incredible information with their followers, at no cost, but only benefits. “Origins”, “Hungry for Change” and “e-Motion” paint a thriller-ish picture of today’s food industry and food choices available in our supermarkets, plus hidden dangers in our homes and the trapped negative emotions in our bodies and minds. Wholeheartedly, the most insightful documentaries I have seen in a while now.

THANK YOU!

I am so grateful for all of you! For reading the blog, for retweeting, for liking on Facebook and on Instagram. For simply being there to listen. It is so important for me to stay in touch with you guys and make my message be heard. 2016 will be full of surprises! Stick around!

This was all for this week’s #LifestyleFriday! Thanks for being here!
You can Subscribe in the upper right hand corner.

Love,
Alexis