METAMORPHOSIS - ep. 21 - I Am Open #30Letters from #yogacamp miniseries l SMart Choice Lifestyle

Yours truly is not that open. I am more of a private person that doesn't like to feel exposed and scrutinized in detail by others. I choose to only show what I think to be relevant, helpful and purposeful in a given situation. No more, no less.


Of course, it depends on the context, the person or how at ease I feel, or how in tune I feel. It's a protective measure most of the times. A protection for getting hurt emotionally. With time, I began to see that some people act strangely around me, while others are perfectly in sync. 

I noticed that if I thought a person to be tight up, that's what that person thought of me back. Lastly, I discovered that if I disliked a person for a particular reason, most certain that reason was one of my flaws.


"Open your heart, open your mind, open yourself to all possibilities."

(Adriene Mishler - Yoga With Adriene)


How I discovered that? Simple! (Wrote some more about this HERE and HERE)

I tried being more open with people I didn't think so much of at first glance, or with people that intimidated me or made me feel nervous (either excited or anxious). And guess what? They were normal, pleasant and fun to be around. I was the one who shut them out and didn't interract.

This goes the same for opportunities. Be open to them. Try new things. Challenge yourself. You'll be surprised. I know I did! The moment I gave up those gremlins inside of my mind (as @BreneBrown calls that inner negative voice we all have), it all fell seamlessly into place.

Of course there are ups and downs, good days and bad days, but the purpose of all this is to make up the courage to be yourself, no matter what others say, or what your mind tells you. It doesn't mean you can run on the street naked, howling at the Moon, but it allows you to be more self-confident and live life more assertively.

Be curious about what you encounter in life. Keep exploring unbeated trails. Keep exploring (deep) within. Be happy about opportunities and learning. They lead to growth and growth leads to wisdom.

Look at your best and worst moments in life and add those "grey" areas too. Be curious about why they happened and what you've learned from each. Dig deeper and ask yourself "why?". Be open for whatever reasons might come up and be prepared to accept, adapt, overcome and heal each one. Grow.

You open yourself up to knowing and understanding better who you are and what you need. Take into account that you might get scared, sad or disappointed, even angry because of what you'll discover about yourself.

All in all, people are pretty simple. They act like a mirror, so become aware of what you show them in you. You might not like the reflection.

Here’s the routine I’m referring to. Day 15 of 30 days of #yogacamp: I Am Open. Enjoy!


Thank you for your visit. Please remember to comment down below, share your thoughts on this. Subscribe HERE to stay in touch with what I write.

As always, transformation starts from within.
For the rest of the “METAMORPHOSIS” series, click here.

#30letters is a miniseries derived from the experience of being transformed by some of my choices, in this case yoga, a lesson about yourself and for yourself. #Yogacamp is a 30 day challenge created by the wonderful Adriene Mishler (@yogawithadriene) and shared for free on her YouTube Channel. Check it out HERE.

Sincerely,
Denisa (Alex - alias)

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu